November 22nd, 2016
Next year I have a few more nonfiction books coming out:
- Cutting-Edge Technology: All About Coding (Focus Readers, 2017)
- Dramatic Discoveries: 12 Facts You Won’t Believe (12 Story Library, 2017)
- Curious Scientists: Mind Blowing Physical Science Experiments (Capstone, 2017)
- Curious Scientists: Awesome Engineering Activities (Capstone, 2017)
- How it Works: The Internet (NSE, 2017)
The environmental engineering book I mentioned in an earlier post is either coming out in December or January. (It’s hard to tell sometimes with WFH books.)
November 17th, 2016
Earlier this month Amazon unveiled its new reading app, Amazon Rapids. And I had the pleasure of writing a series of short stories–“The Ghost Talkers”–for the app. One of them is even featured on the promo shot below! The stories are about a pair of ghost hunting obsessed twins who have their own podcast. Kyra and Jacob Knight investigate haunted settings–library, vault, amusement park, ship, old house, and theater–and they may or may not find any ghosts. (Sometimes they find pirates or bank robbers!)Rapids presents short stories in dialogue / text message format–but with fabulous graphics. And the app has a built-in dictionary and can even read the stories aloud. The idea is to hopefully encourage reluctant readers and/or engage those who used to an electronic format.
October 18th, 2016
I have a few new nonfiction titles coming out in the near future.
I’m also currently working on a couple of titles for Capstone–and I’ll have a fiction announcement by the end of the year!
August 18th, 2016
I finally got copies of the three nonfiction books that came out this summer! All of these were great fun to write.
July 2nd, 2016
Sometime this summer (who knows when), I’ve got three nonfiction books coming out:
- Building Better Robots
- Space Myths, Busted
- Technology Myths, Busted.
Plus I just turned in manuscripts (or am about to) for:
- STEM in the Real World: Environmental Engineering
- Digital Trends: All about Coding.
I also have fiction news I can’t divulge yet (dangit!). Stay tuned.