From 2010-13, I was founding member and contributing blogger at the League of Extraordinary Writers (see below). I don’t blog much here on my own site anymore. But I have done some fun guest posts as well as League posts that I’d like to share.
- Dear Teen Me — Fabulous site where authors write letters to their teen selves.
- My Nuclear Adventure — For Beth Revis’ (Across the Universe series) blog, I talk about a trip to the Nevada Test Site. (You know, the place where we used to test nukes!)
- Hail Columbia — Another post for Beth. This time I write an elegy for a certain Space Shuttle I met on my first day at Kennedy Space Center.
- Fiction Notes — I talk about revising Memento Nora on Darcy Pattison Fiction Notes
- Cynsations — I discuss how NOT to write a trilogy / series.
- Inside the Writers Studio — Bethany Hegadus of the Writing Barn interviews me about inspirations, voice, and place.
- Roots in Myth — PJ Hoover and I talk about what it’s like to be a debut writer.
- In the Company of Debuts – I discuss the importance of a community as an author.
For dog lovers:
- Coffee with a Canine: Me and Bridget — Meet the inspiration for the black dog of Black Dog Village in the Memento Nora series.
Select League of Extraordinary Writer posts:
- Dystopian Rites of Passage (1)
- Dystopian Rites of Passage (2)
- Muchness of YA Heroines
- Vonnegut’s Rules
- Banned Book Week: The Giver
- Censorship and the Twilight Zone
- Closets of the Apocalypse
- Grammar of Old and New Worlds
- Gay Teens in YA Science Fiction and Fantasy
- The 5 (maybe 6) Stages of Revision